Call us today: (+34) 602 944 847

How to terminate your energy contracts before moving to Andalusia?

By in Articles with 0 Comments

You’re going to start a new life in the town of Andalusia? How nice! Now all you have to do is terminate your energy contracts before moving in and get everything in order. To help you with this important task, we will be explaining everything you need to know to cancel the electricity service, as well as the necessary documentation to register the electricity contract in your new home.

All this with the aim of allowing you to cancel your energy contracts without major inconveniences and thus avoid the appearance of “ghost” charges on your bank accounts.

The good news is that this is a very simple procedure that you can carry out even through the customer service of EDP, Iberdrola, Endesa or any other company of your choice.

Lighting down: explained step by step here

Before you move in you need to make the change of contract holder to the new tenant, this way you will avoid any unwanted charges on your account in the future. However, in the event that your old property is going to be uninhabited, it is best to cancel the electricity supply at EDP, Iberdrola or the company you have contracted with.

To do so, you will only have to make sure that you have cancelled all outstanding debts and that your service contract does not contain any permanence clause. If you have already confirmed these two elements, all you have to do is contact the distribution company in your community and ask to cancel the electricity supply to the property.

Necessary documentation to turn on the light in your new property

Of course, when we move in, we don’t just have to worry about getting the energy contracts from our old property in order. In this sense, it is also important to start arranging the contracts in the new home so that we can enjoy the energy service from day one.

In this case, you will need to know what documentation is necessary to register the electricity in your new property:

1) ID number.

2) Bank account in the name of the owner.

3) Supply code of the new home.

4) Exact address of the property.

With these simple requirements, you will be able to start the necessary procedures to give birth in your new property. Any other exceptional requirements will be explained to you by the company’s operators without any problem.

Relieve the bureaucratic burden before moving to Andalusia

The secret to having an easy, fast and smooth move lies in carrying out all the formalities in an orderly fashion and in good time. In this respect, remember to deregister and register your energy services in advance to avoid having a bad time during the move.

Bear in mind that, although the energy procedures are easy to carry out and most of them can even be done over the phone with marketing companies such as Endesa, EDP or Iberdrola, these companies have a legal timeframe that allows them to take between one and two weeks to carry out the tasks involved.

About The Author
Israel Huertas Salazar

Inmobiliaria en Torrox. Ofrezco un trato personalizado y una contrastada experiencia como intermediario en la compraventa de inmuebles de todo tipo, oportunidades y grandes inversiones inmobiliarias, en diversas ubicaciones, tanto en Torrox, como Nerja, Frigiliana, Torre del Mar… y gran parte del territorio andaluz. Como broker inmobiliario, colaboro en red con todas las inmobiliarias y empresas promotoras y puedo conseguir la propiedad de su interés.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *